Profile: TIADA Compliance
- Login Count: 1278
- Join Date: 02/04/2008 11:27:52
- Last on: 09/13/2022 09:57:07
- Website: www.txiada.org
- Location: Austin
- Articles posted by this author:
- TIADA Hosts 2023 Day at the Capitol
- Jeff Martin Named NIADA CEO
- Dealer Education Portal Offers 30-Day Free Trial of Privacy4Cars Platform Following Safeguards Course Completion
- Should Dealers Continue ACH Payments When a Customer Files for Bankruptcy?
- TIADA’s Legislative Agenda and Policy Efforts
- Employee Theft Is More Common Than You Think
- How to Handle Personal Property During Repossessions
- Used Vehicle Warranties
- 2022 TIADA Award Winners Announced
- Recapping the 2022 TIADA Conference and Expo
- Avoiding Bigger IRS Issues
- Texas Dealer Scott Allen Elected NIADA President
- Dealers Facing Delays, Must Soon Submit Fingerprints
- The Best Ways to Handle a Strict Foreclosure
- On the Road with Executive Director Jeff Martin
- Requirements for Displaying a Vehicle Off-Premises
- Legislature Working to Combat Catalytic Converter Theft (HB 4110)
- The Do’s and Don’t’s of Advertising
- What to Do When Your Customer Faces Financial Hardship
- Sorting Out the Last Vote & Meeting Your Legislator
- Required Training for the FTC Safeguards Rule: An Affordable Option
- Complying with the FTC's Used Car Rule: The Buyers Guide
- Dealer Ticketed for Temp Tag Personal Use
- Unraveling Form VTR-271-A: The Brown POA
- Dealers Working with Law Enforcement to Prevent Vehicle Fraud
- Bad History Report, Clean Title...Now What?
- Texas Sales Tax on GPS Units
- Phishing Attacks On the Rise Again: Protect Your Business
- What the New Title Transfer Rules Mean for Texas Dealers
- TIADA Announces Safeguards Compliance Course and the Dealer Education Portal
- New Temp Tag Rules: How Will It Impact Dealers?
- TxDMV Board Passes Rules Related to Limiting Dealers Access to Temporary Tags
- Protect Your Dealership's Ability to Print Temporary Tags
- The Federal Cyber Security and Infrastructure Security Agency Reminds Businesses to Stay Vigilant Against Threats During Holidays and Weekends
- Can a Dealer Require ACH Payments as a Condition of Granting Credit?
- Checking the Right Box on the Odometer Statement
- New FTC Rule on Document Retention Affects Dealers
- The Infrastructure Bill's Potential Impact on the Industry
- Are Dealers Legally Allowed to Use Electronic Signatures?
- TIADA Monitors New Temp Tag Rules
- Convenience Fees on Motor Vehicle Retail Installment Transactions
- Are You Obligated to Replace Defective or Deployed Airbags?
- Dealership Posting Requirements
- Can I Send Repossession Notices by Email?
- Policies for COVID-19 at Texas Dealerships
- New Surety Bond Posting Required
- Official Notification on Dealer Surety Bond Increase
- Have You Accidently Given Your Customer the Right to Pay You Late or Not the Full Amount?
- Don’t Shoot Yourself in the Foot by Ignoring Trigger Terms
- An Event to Remember: The 2021 TIADA Conference & Expo
- Rules and Exceptions for Titling a Vehicle
- TIADA 2021 Award Winners
- Industry Insights (Week of July 19)
- Smile! You May Be on a Dashboard Cam
- TIADA Visits San Antonio, Discusses Unfair Storage Fees
- Comptroller Guidance on Accelerated Deferred Sales Tax and Tax Penalties
- Surety Bond Set to Increase for Dealers
- A Message from INDEPAC Chairman, Ryan Winkelmann
- Texas Dealers Face Slow Transfer at the Tax Office
- Texas Blue Law Regulates Sales, Even on the Holiday Weekend
- TIADA Welcomes Legislators to Its 2021 Annual Conference
- TIADA Hits the Road
- Customer Privacy: Considerations If Law Enforcement Pays You A Visit
- Privacy Notices: Is Your Dealership Doing This?
- A Dealer’s Guide To Special Inventory Tax (VIT)
- What Sales Tax is Due on a Totaled Vehicle?
- In Memoriam – John Thomas Davis
- Reminder: Annual Special Inventory Declaration
- How Long Am I Required To Keep These Records?
- Dates To Remember: Special Inventory Tax (VIT)
- Fake Pay Stubs Create Challenge for Auto Dealers
- 4 Musts When Selling to Out of State Customers
- Texas Dealer, Tax Assessor-Collector Weigh In On Curbstoning
- TxDMV Provides Update Regarding Waiver On Vehicle Title and Registration Requirements
- Reminder: Annual MVSF License Renewal Changes
- TIADA Releases New Disclosure Form In Effort To Protect Dealers
- Special Pricing For Online Sales Can Lead To Trouble
- In Memoriam - James Wood
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Reminder
- Annual Vehicle Inventory Declaration
- Car Impounded by Border Patrol, Now What?
- Expired Buyers Tags Cause Real Headaches
- Goodwill Repairs After a Sale
- Top 10 Compliance Articles in 2019
- No Catalytic Converter. No Sale
- Form 8300 Follow-up. What is "Cash?"
- Online Reviews Can Get Your Dealership in Trouble with the FTC
- Year End Reminder About IRS Form 8300
- When to Use a Spanish Buyer's Guide
- Don't Go Metric on Your Odometer
- Mind the GAP....Insurance
- What About Those Fees? Legal v. Improper Fees
- Docs for Your Deal Jacket, But Are They Required?
- Special Inventory Tax (VIT) Reminder
- TDLR Adopts Rules to Allow More Dealers to Offer In-House Service Contracts
- Zombie Car Left at Dealership
- Not All ID's Are Created Equal
- Can an Independent Dealer Deliver a Vehicle Outside the Dealership?
- Watch Your Insurance Deductibles
- Trading In a Car Without a Title
- TDI Issues Bulletin on Named Driver Policies
- Bonded Title on Trade In?
- OCCC Orders of Interest
- DMV Orders of Interest
- Lienholder on Title or Additional Insured on the Insurance Policy?
- Export Out of State or Out of Country?
- Bankruptcy Reminders
- To Salvage or Not to Salvage?
- My Customer Died, Now What?
- How Do Arbitration Agreements Work Anyway
- Be Careful Using Conditional Delivery Agreements
- Employee Non-Compete Agreements
- Tips for Dealing with Bogus Mechanics's Liens
- Vehicle Storage Lien Law Review
- Accident at Texas Dealership Demonstrates the Importance of Adequate Insurance Coverage
- Be Wary of Repo Scams
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Reminder
- 10 Vehicle Inventory Photo Tips for Auto Dealers
- Texas Dealer Hit With $100K FCRA Lawsuit
- Can Car Dealers Charge a Higher Price if the Customer Pays in Cash and Doesn't Finance?
- TIADA Approves Changes to Legislative Program
- TDI Adopts Notice of Auto Policy Cancellation to lienholders
- About That Mistake on the Title: Can I Make an Alteration?
- What to Do when Exported Vehicles Return
- The 60-Day Rule. Be Careful With Deferred Sales Tax
- Filing Claims Against a Surety Bond
- Seeing Double
- Answering Repossession Questions: Public Sale v. Private Sale
- Changes in Texas Auto Insurance Coverage Laws for Loaner or Temporary Vehicles.
- Slow Title or No Title When Selling a Car or at Trade-In
- How to Become a Car Dealer in Texas
- Digital Curbstoning a Growing Concern
- Wheels, Tires, and Belongings After Repo: Personal Property or Affixed to the Vehicle?
- Test Drive Procedures and Best Practices
- Be Careful Selling Warranties and Service Plans
- Refresher on Texas Advertising Rules
- Selling a Car to Unmarried Couples
- TIADA Celebrates: Named-Driver Polices Reform
- Be Careful When Charging Dealer Prep Fees and Other Fees
- San Antonio PD Issue Warrant & Reqquest Dealer Assistance
- Considerations When Working with Spanish Speaking Customers
- Out of State Title Transfer
- Guide To Record Retention For Auto Dealers
- Watch for Elaborate Over the Phone Debit Card Authorization Scam
- Texas DMV Announces Revised VTR 34
- A Refresher on Recalls. More Airbag Recalls Coming?
- Arbitration Opt-Out?
- What Can A Dealer Charge for NSF?
- Gears of Profitability
- When a Title Defect or Bad Lien Needs a Court Order
- TIADA Fights for YOU at Texas Capitol!
- CarLotz Brings Consignment Business Model to San Antonio
- TxDMV Updates Motor Vehicle Registration Manual
- Optional Registration Fees Go into Effect in Certain Counties
- TxDMV Announces Rule Changes
- TIADA Meeting with Texas Lawmakers Before Legislative Session
- TIADA Member Targeted by Blackmail Scam
- Making a List, Checking It Twice....Preparing for an OCCC Audit
- Experts Weigh in on Odometer Disclosure
- Dealers See Dramatic Benefits from NIADA CPO Program
- Where Do You Rank in Vehicles Sold?
- Recycling GPS Devices Can Save Dealers Money
- TIADA Dealers Visit Washington D.C.
- TIADA Dealer Recovers Stolen Car...2 Years Later!
- Four Things to Know Before Implementing a Customer Referral Program
- TIADA Launches Portal to Dispute Fraudulent Toll Charges
- Learn How to Spot Document Fraud
- How Do You Compensate Your Staff?
- TIADA Auction App Brings More Value with Big Valley AA Online Coupon
- TxDMV Names New Director of Enforcement Division
- Remember These Guidelines to Stay Safe at Auctions
- Mobile Auctions - Bringing the Vehicles to You
- Government Assistance Guide for Harvey Victims
- Temporary Waiver Extends Time Period to Transfer Titles
- TIADA Concludes Successful 2017 Conference
- How Do TxDMV Rule Changes Affect Independent Dealers?
- Don't Get Fooled by Fake Pay Stubs!
- Vehicle Safety Inspections: Should Texas Eliminate Them?
- INDEPAC Bats 1.000 in 2016
- How Long Must I Keep My Records? A Record Retention Refresher
- TxDMV Offering Webinars for Online eLICENSING System
- Predictions for 2017
- Dramatic Change Coming for Credit Loss Allowance
- How to Find and Maintain BHPH Customers
- Texas Dealers Visit Lawmakers on Capitol Hill
- Cash vs. Credit Pricing
- Blake Ingram Inducted into TIADA Hall of Fame
- Governor Names Chair, Appointees to TxDMV Board
- NIADA Leadership Conference in D.C.
- Texas Comptroller, State Legislators Address TIADA Conference
- Online Doc Fee Increase Now Available
- Texas Comptroller to Speak at TIADA Conference
- Doc Fee Online Notice Not Available
- Doc Fee Increases to $150
- TIADA Conference Education Lineup Announced
- Arbitration Rule Proposed by CFPB
- CFPB Arbitration Field Hearing Announced
- Transfer or Unwind: There is No Try
- Affirmative Co. Auto Policies to Be Cancelled
- Single Sticker Phase II
- Can You Sell A Vehicle with an Open Safety Recall?
- IRS Blasts Out Refund Checks
- CFPB Brings Down the Hammer