Adding a Location or Moving your Dealership
Is 2017 bringing about major changes to your dealership? Maybe you're adding a location, or moving to new digs. Whatever change you're planning, make sure that you stay on good terms with TxDMV and OCCC. Here is a quick and dirty checklist to maintain compliance both before and after your move. All notices MUST be filed at least 10 days prior to your actual move date.Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
Moving To a New Location or Adding A New Location Within The Same City
- Complete the OCCC's “Amendment to a License” form (ADM-20, available at occc.state.tx.us) and mail it to the agency along with a $25 amendment fee and your original, current MVSF license. OR
- Complete the “New Registered Office” form (MV-63). Your main location is designated by the OCCC as your “Licensed Location”, and each additional store will be considered a “Registered Office”. Mail the MV-63 form, a $455 fee, and, if you have a DBA, evidence that the assumed name has been filed with the county clerk's office or the Texas Secretary of State.
Moving To a New Location Within the Same City
- You do not need a new license/GDN from TxDMV if you are moving to a new office within the same city.
- If you are moving to a location outside your current city limits, or from an unincorporated area into a city's limits, you are required to get a new license/GDN.
- Complete an Application for GDN (form LF-001) and submit it along with the $700 application fee, photocopy of your ID, a new bond, and any required attachments that your organizational structure requires.
- You do not need a new license/GDN from TxDMV if you are opening an additional location within the same city
- Complete the Application to Amend Independent Motor Vehicle Dealer's License (form LF-021, available at www.txdmv.gov) and send it to the agency along with a $25 amendment fee and a rider from your bond company showing the new location.
- If you are adding a location in a different city or an unincorporated area, you need a new license/GDN.
- Same as above for moving to a new location in a different city
As always, call us at the TIADA if you have questions.