Keeping Your BHPH Dealership Legal and Compliant
This is a seminar with Michael W. Dunagan, TIADA General Counsel, author of Dealer Financing of Used Car Sales and Texas Automobile Repossession: A Lien Holder’s Legal Guide.
Dates and Locations to be determined
One of the quickest ways to ruin a dealership’s profit margin is to be hit with a fine from a regulatory agency, or to lose a lawsuit filed by a customer. This seminar will focus on the practical side of compliance that understands you have a business to run- and you want to run it right.
This seminar from TIADA attorney Michael W. Dunagan is the final answer in BHPH compliance. Mike speaks dealer, and with 40 years of experience representing hundreds of BHPH dealers, he knows your business inside and out.
Attend this workshop and learn all about:
- How to prepare for (and survive) an OCCC exam
- What to do when the Bankruptcy Notice arrives
- Repossessions: from A to Z
- TxDMV Enforcement - Title Management Issues
- Most common advertising violations
- Your right to insurance proceeds
- Using the courts to get your car back
- Procedures to stay off the CFPB’s radar
- Techniques to avoid consumer lawsuits
- Properly handling financing on repairs
- Real-life DTPA court cases
- Body shops, mechanics, towing and storage issues
- Specific lien-protection steps
- Federal regulations affecting BHPH dealers
- Alternatives to traditional insurance
- Most common OCCC customer complaints
- How to respond to an attorney demand letter
- Dealer issues in Comptroller audits
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
MEMBERS - 1st Registrant $249, each additional $199 - must be from same dealership
For more information or to register over the phone, please call the state office at 512.244.6060.
To be determined