BHPH Compliance: A Comprehensive Workshop
This is a seminar with Michael W. Dunagan, TIADA General Counsel, author of Dealer Financing of Used Car Sales and Texas Automobile Repossession: A Lien Holder’s Legal Guide.
Monday, June 3, 2019 - San Antonio in Partnership with
(Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport-Quarry Market / 7615 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216)
This revitalized seminar from TIADA General Counsel Michael W. Dunagan is the final answer in BHPH compliance. Mike speaks dealer. With over 40 years of experience representing hundreds of BHPH dealers, he knows your business inside and out.
Attendees will learn:
- How to prepare for (and survive) an OCCC audit
- Your right to insurance proceeds
- Using the courts to get your car back
- Procedures to stay off the CFPB's radar
- Techniques to avoid consumer lawsuits
- Properly handling financing on repairs
- Real-life DTPA court cases
- Body shops, mechanics, towing and storage issues
- Specific lien-protection steps
- Federal regulations affecting BHPH dealers
- Alternatives to traditional insurance
- Most common OCCC customer complaints
- How to respond to an attorney demand letter
- Repossessions from A to Z
- Your rights in a bankruptcy
- Most common advertising violations
- Dealer issues in Comptroller audits
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
MEMBERS - 1st Registrant $249, each additional $199 - must be from same dealership
For more information or to register over the phone, please call the state office at 512.244.6060.
Dates/Locations & Sponsors: